Terms & Conditions
Viking Splash General Terms and Conditions
Please read and review these terms and conditions carefully as they fully set out both ours and your obligations and rights under this agreement. Once you have booked with Viking Splash tours it shall be deemed that you accept these terms and conditions.
Once Viking Splash confirms your booking it shall be deemed that a contract is agreed between Viking Splash Tours and the respective parties and the terms and conditions applying set out below.
General Terms and Conditions
- The booking conditions detailed herein contain the entire contract between you and Viking Splash Tours. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contract may only be varied in writing by a duly authorised officer of Viking Splash Tours.
- This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by Irish law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises out of or in connection with this contract will be dealt with by the Courts of the Republic of Ireland only. Changes to these Booking Conditions will only be valid if agreed by Viking Splash Tours in writing.
- Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our printed material at time of going to print and other media, however Viking Splash Tours. cannot be held responsible for printing and typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
- The General terms and conditions shall contain the following sub-headings only, Health & Safety, Booking, Departure Point, Cancellation Policy, Changes by Viking Splash Tours, Passenger’s Property, Conduct of Passengers.
Health & Safety
The health and safety of passengers and staff is of the utmost importance.
- All persons on board the tour must adhere to the health and safety rules that will be relayed at the beginning of the tour.
- Failure to do so may result in ejection from the tour with no refund.
- To ensure the safety of all passengers, lifejackets must be worn for the water portion of the tour.
- Payment in full must be made before embarking.
- At the time of booking, passengers will be required to reserve a specific time and date for their tour and tickets will only be valid for the specific time and date reserved.
- At the time of booking you will receive an emailed confirmation. 1 day before your tour you will receive a reminder email. 1 day after your tour you will receive a follow up email related to your tour.
- Once payment is received Viking Splash Tours will issue to you a confirmation email with details of your booking. You should save this on your mobile device or print it off for your reference.
- Viking Splash Tours accept no responsibility for failure to deliver emails or incorrect information contained therein. It is your responsibility to ensure that the information contained in the confirmation email is correct and corresponds to your desired booking.
- Viking Splash Tours reserve the right to refuse any passenger who does not supply the relevant documentation/voucher/e-ticket to confirm their payment and booking.
- Passengers are to be at the departure point 15 minutes prior to the departure time detailed on their e-ticket/voucher.
- Passengers who fail to show for their tour (or arriving late) shall be deemed to forfeit their tickets and will not be issued a refund.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult: as such, no child ticket can be issued independently of the corresponding adult ticket.
- All tour reservations are subject to availability.
- Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable without the express written permission of Viking Splash Tours.
- The last 8 seats on the vehicle do not have roof cover. During the booking process, you will be advised that you are about to book the last 8 seats and that your seats will not have roof cover.
- Be advised that the vehicle is open-sided, and we ask all our passengers dress for the unpredictability of Irish weather.
- Eating and drinking on board the tour is forbidden.
- The route used is subject to change and is at the discretion of Viking Splash Tours.
- Tours depart predominantly from St. Stephen Green North, with the exception of exclusive hires having the option to depart from Bull Alley.
- Tour times and departure points are subject to change.
- Customers are required to be present at the departure point 15 minutes before the commencement of the tour. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your ticket with no refund, and it shall be deemed that you have forfeited your tour.
- Viking Splash Tours reserve the right to sell on forfeited or cancelled tours without recourse to you.
- A minimum notice of 48 hours from your tour date must be given for ticket cancellations.
- Tickets cancelled may be entitled to a refund only if at least the minimum notice is given.
- Any refund will be processed in the same method in which tickets were paid for.
- Customers wishing to cancel tickets at short notice (within 48 hours of tour date) will not be refunded or transferred.
- For group bookings, group cancellation rates are applied and will have been given at the time of booking.
Changes by Viking Splash Tours
- Viking Splash Tours reserve the right to change or alter at any time and at our total discretion.
- Once your booking has been confirmed we will make every effort to provide you with the booked arrangements but reserve the right to alter or cancel the whole or part of the tour in the event of circumstances outside the control of Viking Splash Tours. Reasons for doing so may include but shall not be limited to such force majeure matters as extreme adverse local weather conditions or weather warnings, natural disasters, civil strikes or conflict, terrorist activity, fire, flood conditions and similar. No compensation will be paid for force majeure cancellations.
- Customers are advised that the vehicles we use are over 70 years old and as such there may be occasions when they break down and we are forced to cancel a tour at short notice or while a tour is in progress. Where this occurs Viking Splash Tours will endeavour to accommodate you on the next available tour and minimise any disruption to your day. in those circumstances, the Viking Splash Tours will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered as a result
- Viking Splash Tours gives its advice on journey time in good faith. However, because of breakdown or traffic congestion, or other events beyond the control of Viking Splash Tours, journeys may take longer than predicted and, in those circumstances, Viking Splash Tours will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered as a result.
- Viking Splash Tours do not take responsibility for articles lost/stolen or damaged whilst on tour.
- Large bulky items may not be able to be carried, and all steps should be taken to notify the company in advance of such requirements.
Conduct of Passengers
- The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times, and as such may remove any passenger whose behaviour prejudices safety or is in breach of the Public Order.
- Children under the age of 2 are not permitted on the tour.
Special Terms and Conditions
In addition to the above terms and conditions the following special terms and conditions shall apply in the relevant circumstances. Where there is a difference of term or a condition between the general terms and conditions and special terms and conditions, the special terms and conditions takes precedence but only to the appropriate booking form, otherwise the general terms and conditions apply.
Voucher Terms & Conditions
The following section applies only to Official Vouchers issued by Viking Splash Tours
- A Voucher is only valid for 12 months from the date of issuance and can be redeemed by calling the sales department or booking through a Viking Splash Tour Dispatcher.
- Strictly no extension of the expiry date from the date of issue will be allowed.
- A Voucher are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash in part or full and is valid for a single transaction only.
- Vouchers cannot be used to purchase further gift cards.
- Vouchers are not valid during a sale or in conjunction with any special promotion.
- The management retains the right to reject any voucher that has been tampered with or found in any way unacceptable.
- Viking Splash Tours are not responsible if a Gift Voucher is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed and no replacement will be provided in these circumstances.
- The use of vouchers is not applicable for an online purchase – Please call +353 (1) 707 6000.
- Vouchers can be used to make purchases with Viking Splash Tours up to the value of the voucher – there is no booking fee to the client.
- Complimentary Viking Splash Tour vouchers are valid for weekday tours only. For this purpose, weekdays are considered to by Monday to Thursday excluding national holidays of the Republic of Ireland.
- All Standard Terms and Conditions apply.
- In purchasing and/or using a Viking Splash Tour voucher the customer is deemed to have confirmed that they have read and fully accept these Terms and Conditions.
Terms & Conditions Bulk Vouchers
The following section only applies to the purchases of Bulk Vouchers
- A Non-Refundable Deposit of 50% of the value of the entire booking is required at booking with remainder to be paid within 30 days.
- Payment must be received before vouchers are released.
- Vouchers are valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
- Bulk discount rates cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts.
- Vouchers will be issued within 5-10 working days.
- For health and safety reasons, children under the age of 2 are not permitted on the tour.
- All standard terms & conditions apply.
- In purchasing and/or using a Viking Splash Tour bulk voucher the customer is deemed to have confirmed that they have read and fully accept these Terms and Conditions.
The following section applies to Group bookings only
- A group booking is defined as a single booking of 10 or more individuals on one tour at the same time.
- The individual who purchases/books a group booking acts as representative of all members of their respective group travelling on the tour. If the representative does not intend to or cannot travel for any reason another representative must be chosen and Viking Splash Tours should be informed of the identity of the representative prior to embarking on a tour.
- Viking Splash Tours will only deal with the properly appoint representative when booking, cancelling or communication regarding the tour.
- If the individual who purchased the tickets is from a company, group or partnership, an individual must be named as a responsible person and act as the representative.
- A minimum cancellation period of one week prior to the date of the tour is required.
- In the event of a cancellation with notice of less than the minimum period of one week a cancellation charge of the 50% Deposit will apply.
In the event of a cancellation with notice of less than the minimum period of one-week but more than 48 hours for tour departure, a charge for the value of 50% of the entire booking will be applied. In the event of a cancellation of less than 48 hours before the tour departure, a charge for the entire value of the booking will apply.
- Viking Splash Tours require at least 1 adult per group of 12 children/students (aged 12-17) and 1adult per group of 6 children (aged 2-12). Children/Students/Teenagers under the age of 18 are not permitted on tour without adult supervision.
- Children under 2 years are not permitted on the tour.
- By making a group booking, it will be deemed to signify acceptance of the special terms and conditions in relation to group bookings.
Exclusive Hire Policy
The following section applies to Exclusive Hire only
- An Exclusive Hire is defined the hiring of a vehicle for exclusive use of a party, individual, or group.
- Viking Splash Tours will only deal with the properly appointed representative when booking, cancelling or communication regarding an exclusive hire.
- If the individual who books an exclusive is from a company, group or partnership, an individual must be named as a responsible person and act as the representative.
- The representative must indicate to Viking Splash Tours at the time of booking that the indented booking is for an exclusive hire tour.
- A minimum cancelation period of one week prior to the date of the tour is required.
- In the event of a cancellation with notice of less than the minimum period of one-week but more than 48 hours for tour departure, a charge for the value of 50% of the entire booking will be applied. In the event of a cancellation of less than 48 hours before the tour departure, a charge for the entire value of the booking will apply.
- For Exclusive hire bookings, a deposit of 50% must be taken during the booking process to secure your booking. With the outstanding amount being at least one week from the time of the tour.
- Viking Splash Tours require at least 1 adult per group of 12 children/students (aged 12-17) and 1adult per group of 6 children (aged 2-12). Children/Students/Teenagers under the age of 18 are not permitted on tour alone.
- Children under 2 years are not permitted on the tour.
- By booking an Exclusive Hire, it will be deemed to signify acceptance of the special terms and conditions in relation to Exclusive Hires.